Boat owners can offer add-ons to renters from our list of choices. You can create, manage, and price each amenity from your Owner Dashboard.
Your saved add-ons will be available for renters who would like to customize their boating experience for an additional cost. This support article will tell you:
- How to find add-ons on your Owner Dashboard
- How to create/delete add-ons
- How to customize add-ons
Things to keep in mind
- Add-ons payouts are made separately from your boat payout
- Add-ons have a payout fee of $0.15
- Add-ons may be refundable (see your cancellation policy for details)
- Add-ons will incur a tax, if the boat has a custom sales tax or is in a state where sales taxes apply
- Add-ons have a lower service fee than the boat listing (5%), which covers the customer support for the service
How to find Add-ons
To find add-ons, navigate to your Owner Dashboard > My boats > Edit listing > Add-ons. To create an add-on, click the NEW ADD-ON button.
A dropdown menu will allow you to select an add-on option from our list. This list includes but is not limited to amenities like:
- Fishing gear
- Snorkeling gear
- Floating mat
- Inflatable toy
- Bring a pet
After selecting the add-on, you will be able to input a price for the add-on. You may select the price to vary:
- Per passenger (price X number of passengers the renter selects)
- Per hour (price X amount of time the renter chooses)
- Per booking (price X quantity renter chooses per booking)
In addition to pricing your add-ons, you must indicate the maximum quantity a renter can request and provide a short description of the add-on (120 characters max).
The add-on description will show during checkout when the renter is presented with the option to select add-ons as part of their booking.
Once you’re done filling out the add-on form, click Save. The add-on will now be available for renters to add to their boat rental during checkout.
To delete an add-on, navigate to the add-on you want to delete and click “Edit”. You will see the word “Delete” in red at the bottom.
Clicking on “Delete” will take you to this screen:
Confirm that you want to delete the add-on by clicking DELETE ADD-ON.
Changes to bookings
If an add-on is no longer available for any reason, you should delete it and notify all renters on any upcoming approved bookings that there has been a change.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove an add-on from a booking.
If a renter requests changes to their add-on(s), the owner must reach out to Boatsetter Support to adjust the booking accordingly.