On the day of your booking, you will complete the check-in and check-out with the renter. During this process, you inspect the boat and its equipment and mark your engine hours and fuel level before and after the booking.. As a captain, you can access the check-in or check-out on your bookings page or booking details page.
Check-in is available 1 hour before the booking starts until halfway through the duration of the booking. Check-in expires after this point. Check-out is available halfway through the duration of the booking until 1 hour after the booking ends. Check-out expires after this point.
It is mandatory that the check-in and check-out process is completed. In the case of damages, please email the applicable photos to email@example.com or have the owner email in the photos.
The check-in and check-out process is required for both legal and insurance reasons. Boatsetter boat rentals are covered by GEICO BoatUS world-class insurance, but this coverage requires a fully and accurately completed inspection form. Coast Guard regulations also require that a check-out orientation takes place. If there are damages or losses incurred during the booking, please report the claim to GEICO BoatUS by calling 1-877-970-BOAT (2628) and ask the Boatsetter support crew to put a hold on the renter's security deposit.
The check-in and check-out process
Be sure you complete this process with the renter before the boat departs and after the conclusion of their charter. To correctly complete the check-in and check-out:
- Do a pre-rental walk-around and take photos.
- Review and note the fuel level, condition of equipment and the boat to confirm that everything is operational.
- Be sure to note any pre-existing damage.
- Digitally sign the pre-rental inspection form with the renter.
- Do a post-rental walk around and take photos.
- Repeat the process from the start of the booking, noting any new damages or charges (if applicable).
- Digitally sign the post-rental inspection form with the renter.
In the event that you need to report a damage claim, Boatsetter will use the completed check-in and check-out forms as a reference.
How to complete check-in and check-out
To start the digital check-in or check-out, navigate to your bookings tab on the website.
- Select “Check-in” (or “Check-out”) underneath the appropriate booking
- Review each section under ‘Equipment inspection’ and confirm they are in good condition, adding notes of their condition where necessary
- Add the engine hours and fuel level
- Review the details entered
- Hand the renter the phone to type and sign their name
- Type and sign your name
- Hit “Submit”
You will get a confirmation message that the check-in or check-out has been submitted, once both parties have digitally signed and the process completed.