Day of the week availability
The availability feature allows you to set the days and daily start times offered to potential renters. The default availability for all boats is Monday through Sunday from 8am to 6pm, and start times are based on the duration selected by renters. Each owner can customize their boat’s availability to reflect their preferred charter schedule times or opt for the default availability.To update your boat to custom availability, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Owner dashboard and click “My boats”
- Select “Manage boat” on the listing you wish to update
- Select “Availability” from the manage boat menu to the left
- Edit “Daily availability and start times”
- Select “Custom availability” and configure your options
The start times selected will be displayed as options to the renter when they send an inquiry or booking request. End times will generate automatically based on the duration and start time chosen. For example: If you offer a 3 hour and 4 hour duration and the renter chooses a 3pm start time, the end time will show as 6pm or 7pm depending on the duration selected.
Advance notice allows you to set the minimum time needed in advance to prepare your boat for a booking. Advance notice determines how far in advance a renter can book your boat, and it applies to inquiries, booking requests, and instant book. You can choose from the following options: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, 3 days or 7 days.
We recommend setting your advance notice to 6 hours or less for potential last-minute bookings.
Buffer time gives you leeway between bookings to finish the checking out the first booking and prepare the boat for the next one. To set a buffer time, you must first confirm that you allow your boat to have multiple bookings per day. Once selected, you are prompted to choose a buffer time of 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, or 3 hours. To set a buffer time, follow these steps:
- Navigate your your Owner dashboard
- Click “My boats” and select “Manage boat” on the listing you wish to edit
- Select “Availability” on the side menu
- Edit “Multiple-booking days”
- Select yes and choose your preferred buffer time
If you offer a charter vessel under your own commercial insurance, you are able to select that no buffer time is needed.