In the name of safety, we review each renter that signs up on Boatsetter. Each renter must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age [for captained rentals]
- Be at least 25 years of age [for bareboat rentals]
- Possess a current, valid driver's license (you must have held your current license for at least two consecutive years)
- Not have any criminal convictions on your record in the last 10 years
- Not have any major driving violations on your record in the last 3 years
- Not have a boat insurance claim in the past 3 years
- Possess a mobile phone in your own name that we can verify via text message
If any you do not meet one or more of these criteria, your renter application may require review. Additionally, you are required to notify Boatsetter of any changes to your eligibility. This includes and is not limited to:
- The status of a driver's license
- Any criminal charges prior to renting a boat using the services
Failure to notify Boatsetter and gain proper approval will result in your account being deactivated. Additionally, Boatsetter may periodically monitor any renter’s driving record, credit score, or educational requirements to ensure that such renter continues to qualify for membership under our renter eligibility requirements.
Do you need a Boating License? Click Here to find out!