Prior to your booking, you will be presented with a pre/post-booking inspection form, which you can find on your itinerary. You must bring a printed copy of the form to your booking. The owner will also have either a printed version or digital version of the form on the Boatsetter Owners app.
Be sure to complete this form with the owner or captain before the boat departs and after the conclusion of your booking. To correctly fill out a rental inspection form:
- Do a pre-rental walk-around and take photos.
- Review and note on the form the fuel level, condition of equipment and of the boat to make sure everything is operational.
- Be sure to note any pre-existing damage.
- Sign the pre-rental inspection form with the owner or captain.
- Do a post-rental walk around and take photos.
- Repeat the process from the start of the booking, noting any new damages if applicable and any charges.
- Sign the post-rental inspection form with the owner or captain.
The owner or captain will keep the copy of the signed rental inspection form. In the event the owner reports a damage claim, they will be required to submit the rental inspection form.