Boatsetter can supersede the cancellation policy and offer a full refund if the following extenuating circumstances occur:
- For reservations within 150 miles of named or numbered storms.
- Safety-related cancellations stemming from the event of lightning, thunderstorms, heavy rain, or heavy wind within eight hours or the time of the scheduled rental.
- Death in the family.
- Natural disaster.
- Political unrest.
- An issue with the boat that causes your rental to end prematurely that is deemed to be the responsibility of the owner.
- Owner cancellation, no-show, or no access to the boat. In this case, the boat owner may be subject to penalties.
- A problem arises during rental that causes the Renter to end the rental, and is determined to be due to negligence of the owner. In this case, the boat owner may be subject to penalties.
- Listing inaccuracies. If the description of the boat in the listing on the site is substantially inaccurate.
All cancellations due to extenuating circumstances will be reviewed by a support crew member.
Be sure to check with the boat owner directly on their cancellation flexibility if you think a cancellation is likely to happen. In the event of a weather cancellation, please provide written confirmation from the owner agreeing to this cancellation and we'll process a full refund.
Boatsetter can issue a weather cancelation in the event of lightning, thunderstorms, heavy rain, or heavy wind within eight (8) hours or at the time the of the scheduled rental. If this cancellation occurs, the renter will receive a full refund and the boat owner will not receive payment.