You are welcome to use your own commercial charter insurance coverage and not utilize the GEICO BoatUS Peer-to-Peer Insurance program.
Commercial insurance requirements
- If you are operating under your own commercial insurance, you are required to:
- Provide proof of coverage to Boatsetter upon request in order to approve or update your listing
- Meet state minimum commercial insurance requirements
- Meet minimum USCG requirements
- Meet local rules and regulations specific to your area of operation
Using contracts outside of Boatsetter
Although our system generates a Time-Charter contract for up to 6 guests and a Bareboat contract for up to 12 guests, you are free to use your own contracts once the booking is in place and you have access to the renters information. Contracts provided by Boatsetter supersede any off-site contracts, should any disputes occur.
Offering additional insurance before check-in
Any form of supplementary insurance, daily damage waiver, deposit scheme, or similar options you offer to renters must be listed in the boat listing description. It must be clearly conveyed that those options will be presented to renters as part of the check-in process and are coming directly from you, independent of Boatsetter.